December 30, 2016 (Pasco, WA) – The Collision Industry Conference (CIC) Emerging Technologies Committee has invited all those interested to participate in the “Scanning & Diagnostics in Collision Repair Task Force”. Approximately 30 participants, from segments including OEM’s, Repairers, Equipment companies, Trade Groups and Insurers, have been working together to discuss the topic, identify issues and possible solutions.
The task force has identified its mission and put forth goals as it relates to the topic, that include the following:
- Educate & inform all interested parties
- Protect the Consumer – Enable proper repairs
- Minimize friction between all parties in the claims, customer service & repair processes
The task force formed two work groups to continue the work:
- Definitions – Identify the various terms used today and seek agreement from OE’s and other parties involved to the various scan processes, and add other terms as necessary.
Chair: Chuck Olson, AirPro Diagnostics
- When to Scan/How to Integrate OEM Info – How to integrate OE Procedures into the estimating/claims/repair process. Identify when scanning is required. Potential integration into estimating systems.
Chair: Jake Rodenroth, Collision Diagnostic Services
“The work of this group is critical to our industry,” stated Guy Bargnes of Painter’s Supply & Equipment Company and incoming CIC Chairman. “The issues of scanning and diagnostic procedures are among the most critical facing the collision repair industry today. We must get our collective arms around this issue and we invite all interested parties to participate.”
“I am confident we can find solutions to address all stakeholders’ concerns while ensuring a complete and safe repair for the consumer,” stated Jack Rozint, Vice President, APD Repair with Mitchell and CIC Emerging Technologies Committee Chair. “The group we have assembled represents some of the best minds in our industry and we all are committed to addressing the issues at hand.”
More information about the Committee and its current Draft Work Products are available here: http://www.ciclink.com/emerging-tech-committee/ Those interested in participating contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org